Thursday, October 22, 2009

A little challenge at 3AS

Whilst I was working out what to do for on some card fronts for a swap at Scrapz, I had the idea to challenge myself to use some "new/ unopened" but old things from my stash. I used my Darkroom Door stamps for the very first time (even had to mount & cut them out before I began), some of last years' MME Be Merry paper & Doodlebug Beetle black flock & a few other bits & pieces.

By the time I added the red gem stone bling the reindeer was recognisable to Mackenzie as Rudolph. In hindsight I probably should have stamped the reindeer in black Staz On first to have gotten a more solid image but overall I'm happy & I hope the recipients of my card fronts will be too.

I end up mounting my card front onto some red cardstock which I had embossed to complete the card & decided to set my first little challenge in the Stamping & Cardmaking forum at 3AS, just for a bit of fun. Hopefully someone will play along.

No comments: